At Fishtree, we believe that no two educational journeys should be alike. That’s why our team of passionate innovators and world changers strive to ensure all learners experience a unique journey personalized to their needs and aspirations. We are more than just a personalized learning platform. Fishtree helps K-12, higher education and corporate educators around the world deliver a scalable, personalized learning experience to every learner with the click of a button.
Is this job for you? It is if…
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and consider yourself a natural networker. You are innovative and thrive on problem solving and strategic thinking.
- You want to accelerate your career while being part of an incredible start-up journey, not only with a desire to contribute to your individual success and but also to the success of our organization as a whole.
- You are a natural competitor and not afraid to fail fast. You understand the importance of being part of a team, working hard, having fun while doing it and not afraid of learning new things.
- You are enthusiastic and thrive on being part of a collaborative environment. You care about the culture and environment where you work and you plan to take ownership of the time you spend with us to truly make an impact.
We are looking for an experienced sales engineer and project manager to serve as the primary technical resource for the sales and business development teams. As a Sales Engineer/Project Manager, your primary responsibility will be to advise and interpret customer requirements during the evaluation stage of the sales process and through to customer acquisition.
You must be able to answer both business and technical questions from customers while demonstrating the benefits of the Fishtree platform. Once those requirements have been established, you will stakeholders and facilitate the progression of that Plan until the customer onboards with Fishtree. You will be a direct interface with the internal product development team in order to assemble and present technical and service related specifications to our customers.
- Work in unison with the business development and product teams to manage project scope, schedules, progress, issues, risks and resources in support of all project activities – which should be tracked in formal project plans.
- Manage changes to the Plan through effective participation in change control processes.
- Coordinate development and delivery activities among various project participants and stakeholders (internal and external).
- Manage the work that must be done in order to deliver an integrated customer solution, which is usually composed of the product and service offerings.
- Manage a Master Project Schedule and Communication Plan – which includes all internal and external communications. This will also roll into weekly/monthly dashboards that represent the status of all projects and presented to the senior leadership team.
- Consistently collect (and update accordingly) conditions of the project relative to: resources, need state, people, features, funding and timelines.
- Provide sales support to include performing product demonstrations both in person and via the web. It also includes ongoing development of product demonstration focus and infrastructure where necessary based on findings from successfully managed projects.
- Provide product customization support. This responsibility includes eliciting the requirements for product customizations, facilitating the implementation of customizations with engineering teams and managing the deployment and integration of customizations.
- Demonstrate superior product technical knowledge. This responsibility includes learning the technical details of the Fishtree product to assist customers with understanding the features and functionalities they need to meet their needs and successfully execute on their deliverables.
- Respond to client RFPs/RFIs, proposing a solution that best satisfies customer needs. Use existing content and templates, create new content as needed.
- Orchestrate pilots, proof-of- concepts, or other technical data testing required in the pre- sales process to support Sales.
- Incorporate Professional services capabilities into solutions for clients, involving the Services team where necessary for scoping, to address custom requirements not satisfied by the core Fishtree platform.
- Contribute to Fishtree’s knowledge management library, including best practices, POVs, and case studies
- Provide direct feedback to product development and product marketing of industry changes and customer requirements
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years in a Project Management role; within a SaaS based organization prefered.
- 2+ years experience in sales engineering, solution engineering or like role required; Experience in education technology preferred.
- Significant experience and knowledge with SaaS software sales.
- Experience with project management methodologies required or expertise with one (eg. Agile) preferred.
- Strong understanding of data management and SaaS concepts, including databases, APIs, and the software development lifecycle.
- Outstanding presentation and writing skills, including technical subject matter.
- Excellent project management skills; PMP certification preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated and committed with the desire to meet and exceed sales targets
- Ability to maintain and grow large enterprise accounts.
- Advanced analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach. Advanced ability to graphically depict solutions in a compelling manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer’s and product development team.
- Knowledge of a Solution-Centric messaging and Solution Selling preferred.
- Experience with CRM systems required; Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional and remote teams.
- Must be willing to work out of our Arlington, VA office.
To apply for this position please email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget to attach your resume or CV.