Responsible to: CEO/CFO
Responsible for: Financial Operations, Accounting
Location: Washington, DC
Remuneration: To Be Agreed
Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position. The Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
- Building of lightweight processes, controls and information process to inform stakeholders of key performance metrics
- Manage and improve financial and operational goals such as burn, pipeline, targets, budgets
- Build Financial models and work with other functional leaders to build plans and budgets
- Assist in fundraising activities
- Evaluate the strategic impact of company decisions
- Challenge assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Manage corporate finance and manage company policies.
Knowledge and Experience
- Must have start-up experience
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Cross functional experience and understanding
- Build, plan and measure company budgets
- Manage company board decks and reporting
- Have corporate finance experience and assist in fundraising and reporting efforts
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- International markets experience would be beneficial.
Capabilities and aptitudes
- Comfortable in fast moving, changing environments
- Positive outlook
- Strong leadership
- Extreme attention to detail
- Comfortable presenting business plans and accounts
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Outstanding communication skills
- Hard Working.
To apply for this position please email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and please attach your resume or CV.