At Fishtree, we believe that no two educational journeys should be alike. That’s why our team of passionate innovators and world changers strive to ensure all learners experience a unique journey personalized to their needs and aspirations. We are more than just a personalized learning platform. Fishtree helps K-12, higher education and corporate educators around the world deliver a scalable, personalized learning experience to every learner with the click of a button.
Is this job for you? It is if…
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and consider yourself a natural networker. You are innovative and thrive on problem solving and strategic thinking.
- You want to accelerate your sales career while being part of an incredible start-up journey, not only with a desire to contribute to your individual success and but also to the success of our organization as a whole.
- You are a natural competitor and not afraid to fail fast. You understand the importance of being part of a team, working hard, having fun while doing it and not afraid of learning new things.
- You are enthusiastic and thrive on being part of a collaborative environment. You care about the culture and environment where you work and you plan to take ownership of the time you spend with us to truly make an impact.
- Define and optimize the customer lifecycle (this inludes pre-sales support through customer integration, implementation and ongoing support and engagement).
- Assess and map out the ideal customer journey and determine points along the journey that inform our ongoing engagement strategy – adoption, utilization, satisfaction, etc…
- Become an expert with all functionalites of the Fishtree platform and deliver real-time customer knowledge and awareness of our product to ensure strong adoption, usage and on-going engagement.
- Play a leading role in empowering and advising customers on optimal integration, implementation, training and problem solving based on intimate knowledge of product, industry and specific customer needs.
- Drive and measure customer success outcomes strategies that allow for data driven decisions to influence future product success through higher product utilization, adoption, and satisfaction. By fostering strong customer relationships, this will also include building advocacy within our accounts and generating referencable accounts.
- In collaboration with the VP of Operations, define operational metrics and determine or ehance an effective platform and process to track customer engaements and metrics that will then be reviewed weekly, monthly and quarterly. This also includes working within various management systems to ensure the organization can use data learned to better inform product enhancements and improvements made to the sales process.
- Support and ehance cross-collaboration among all team members engaged in the customer lifecycle and encourage continuous learning among the team. Ensure this is done with a customer- centric approach.
- Approach every customer and every engagement with enthusiasm and passion for the Fishtree platform and mission of the organization. Always keep the best interest of the company, your collagues and your customers in mind every day.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 6+ years of technology implementation and post-sales training experience required, including leading customer-facing integration and training engagements (K-12 teaching experience will also be considered). Previous experience leading a team of trainers preferred.
- Previous experience selling in to or training customers in the education space required; experience selling or conducting training for courseware preferred.
- Strong ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation and concensus building.
- Experience conducting customer training and consulting engagements virtually and onsite required.
- Must have the ability to empathize with customers while maintaining your enthusiasm for driving towards your growth goals.
- Experience using CRM tools like Salesforce.com required.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other office based applications required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional and remote teams.
- Experience building and preparing customer reports and presenting them to senior leadership preferred.
- Must be willing to work out of our Arlington, VA office or if remote travel to the office frequently.
- Must be willing to travel at least 30% of the time.
To apply for this position please email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget to attach your resume or CV.